Tuesday 30 October 2007

Christmas Prep

It's been over a week again since I last posted on here. Truth is that it hasn't been because I haven't had time. About a month ago my Digital camera decided it wasn't playing anymore. I have been borrowing my dads since then. He has one of those big fancy ones that I would probably need lessons to use properly never mind just reading the manual. Since I only wanted to borrow it to log my crafts I didn't see the point in asking for help. Actually stubbornly refused (ask my dad a question on one aspect of it you would be sitting there for hours). So I managed the few poor photo's you have seen already but after that the camera wouldn't work. Or rather I couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to do. This morning it hit me that I actually had to pay attention to lighting. Didn't have to do that much with my last camera (it was pretty much just point and shoot). So here I am with some slightly better pics and an actual update.

As you can see I have been once again working on Christmas items. The drum tree decoration I finished a while back. That was the first thing that refused to be photographed. I am really pleased with the way it turned out and I think I prefer it over the trumpet. I think it's the bold colours of the base of the drum that makes it stand out more. My mum liked it too which was the important part. I think it's her favourite so far too. Myself and my sister had brought her a whole load of tree decorations back from Amsterdam and with all the ones we have made for her over the years she is thinking of getting rid of all the less sentimental decorations. She's very excited about decorating her tree this year. When it comes to it I might have to take a pic of it.
The second picture is of a banner or wall hanging that I am stitching (also for mum). I have just the teddy bears and then the back stitch to do and then I'm done. I think next year instead of items to hang up I might stitch pillows like I did for Halloween this year. I plan on making the rest of my Christmas cards this week too. I think this will be the second year in a row that I will once again be organised for Christmas as I have most of my presents in too. What about everyone else? Are you an organiser or is it rushed in the month of December (I usually fall under the second one).

2 comments:

Leeland said...

How lovely! I also love decorating with special items. Every year, we buy special decorations connected with a particular memory, like a place we've been to...
I think it's great that your mother is really appreciative of your stitching. Mine isn't and -though I wouldn't say it breaks my heart- this is quite frustrating...
Lots of love Karen,
Lili

Crazee4books said...

Hi Karen,

I have to agree that the drum is really pretty, and I love the colour of it. It sparkles, even in the photo. And I can't wait to see that banner all stitched up.

I've only stitched one ornament so far in a Christmas theme, and I don't have the nerve to try and finish it into something. I'm sure I'll mess it up. Sigh.

We go crazy decorating for Xmas around here. It's so bad I have a friend who comes on the same weekend every year to help me decorate. DH refuses to help because he feels I put everything out too early.

Which weekend will it be?? November 18th, or thereabouts. I'll probably post pictures on my blog when it's done. And maybe some pictures of the chaos during the actual process.

Cheers.