Wednesday 15 August 2007

Mini Ode To Timewarden

Timewarden has decided that he won't be posting anymore which I think is such a shame. I will very much miss his posts which I always looked forward to reading. I do actually remember his first post which he again mentioned not that long ago. The post was about the new animated series of Captain Scarlet. I remember reading it with interest as I had loved Captain Scarlet as a child. I especially enjoyed the weekly posts on Doctor Who and taking part in what almost became a weekly discussion. I will also miss his thoughts on music as he has such a wide and varied taste and this was clearly shown in his posts. Timewarden I hope that you consider coming back at some point in the future!
This is what I am listening to just now. It features a lot of covers and live performances by various artists. I am enjoying the covers more. I can't help but like hearing current artists singing classic hits (providing of course they don't make a complete hash of it). One of my favourite's is KT Turnstall's cover of "I want you Back". Mind you it helps that I do enjoy listening to Turnstall's own music.

Lili, don't worry, I will make sure your card is special (and protected since it will be going further afield), lol. I know how you feel. It was the kitchen table I had to use too and of course I had to have it cleared for dinner.

2 comments:

TimeWarden said...

I'm very touched, Karen. That really is a sweet thing to do and totally unexpected! One of the reasons I mentioned that first post and revisited "Captain Scarlet" was because I was thinking of stopping and to bring the blog full circle.

Good cover versions are indeed interesting. There was a film on digital TV of Beatles covers, not so long ago, to celebrate 40 years of "Sgt Pepper" and I particularly enjoyed the Magic Numbers interpretation of "She's Leaving Home"... so much so that I kept returning to hear it again!

Pete Doherty and Elton John, on the other hand, made a complete mess of T.Rex's "Children of the Revolution" at the Live 8 concerts. Elton should be ashamed because he was a friend of the late Marc Bolan. So, you're right, covers are good in the right hands!

Many thanks once again, Karen, for all your good wishes.

Tim
x

Crazee4books said...

Hi Karen, Making Xmas decorations. Thinking about Xmas cards. It's beginning to sound a lot like...well..you know...in your part of the world. I think I'll wait a little longer before thinking about the Santa Season. Besides, I work much better under panic inducing time constraints. Gets my creative juices flowing.

Your new scarf is very pretty. I love the design in it. And even in the picture it looks so nice and soft, and warm.

Book fanatic....bookaholic....
they're all titles that I'm proud to say apply to me too. My DH calls me his cheap date because I don't drink, and I don't smoke. My main vice is books. Cross stitch stashing is my second. But we can't be perfect can we??

Sorry to hear about Timewarden no longer posting too. I always made sure that I read his comments on your blog.

You mentioned Tamora Pierce in your comment on my last post, and I was wondering what you thought of her. I've been eyeing her books in the store and considering picking them up. Do you recommend them???

Cheers.