Friday 16 March 2007

Cat #3

This is the third MS cat to be finished. I had made a start on him before I started with the crafts for the swap so he was finished quickly. These cats do seem to have little characters of their own. I think this one is looking up at a tree and wondering if it is worth the effort to climb it. He remembers getting stuck in it last time and receiving lots of attention which was good. But can he be bothered in putting in the effort to get up there in the first place? I need to get out more, lol.


I was at the craft fair on Saturday. There I bought this bookmark kit by Sue Hawkins as I thought it was a little different. It uses mostly long and satin stitches on canvas. I actually only opened it up to have a look at the content. A few hours later I had finished it. I very much enjoyed stitching this one and think I will hang on to the pattern. The colours can always be changed to make more.


I was a little disappointed with the fair itself. I hadn't been for a few years as work has got in the way. This year I promised myself I was going and was really looking forward to it. However, there seemed to be fewer stalls than before. I wasn't intending on buying much in the way of cross stitch as I have a lot here at home. I was wanting to pick up one of the Mirabelia packs to go with one of my charts. They didn't have them at all this year. I actually only saw one stall that even had the charts. The second hall with the different crafts was even more disappointing. I had been intending to buy quite a bit in there as I have been leaning towards paper crafts a lot lately. The selection wasn't that great. In the end I bought a couple of pads of lovely shimmery paper but decided that if I wanted anything else I would find a better selection on line. Everything seemed so bland.


I still had a good time though and managed to spend more than I thought I would. I had taken my mum as part of her mothers day and then took her out for lunch afterwards. It was a nice day out.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I know by the time you get to stitching the last of these little guys that I'm going to have started working on them too. I love your story to go along with him.

Leeland said...

Fun cat with a clever analysis of the situation. Lol!
I'm sorry you were disappointed with the fair. I am too very often -I think it has something to do with the great offer we have on the net...
Nice you had your mum out for her day. Here in France, it's at the end of May...
Off to the next post...