Saturday 3 March 2007

Cat#2

Here is the second of the Margaret Sherry Coaster Cats. I am also halfway through the third one but it might be a while before I finish. I am taking part in another swap and I don't have as much time to send out as I did for the last one. As soon as I am finished with it I will post pics of what I made. There will be some cross stitch involved in this one.

Thank you for all your comments on the Dr Who swap. I'm glad you liked them. Christine I'm afraid that I didn't photograph the inside of the crochet hook holder. I will draw a diagram of what I did so that you can get an idea of what I did and will post it in my next entry. Lili I will try and email you some authors to look out for.

I read on notebookism that it is National appreciation letter writing week. This sort of leads on from last weeks booking questions. I love handwriting letters. I think with everyone these days so reliant on email that letter writing has become rare. I email as much as most people but I do appreciate a handwritten letter. There is just something more personal about it. You have more time to think about what you are writing this way rather than when sending an email. It shows that more thought has went into it. I also like the idea of bringing crafts to letter writing. When I was little I had a number of penpals. I was limited to how much pretty stationary I could actually buy. Plain paper wasn't a problem though and I used to decorate it myself. Something I don't really do anymore. Anyway, I know that it is probably an American thing but I challenge everyone to write a letter of appreciation. I bet it will make their day. I have just about finished my letter and will send it out Monday.



I have yet to finish "The Tomorrow People" but I needed a little break from it. My mum received all the Star Trek Next Gen series on DVD as a birthday gift. She has almost finished watching them herself and so I made a start on season 1. I remember watching all of these episodes when it first aired on TV. I loved it from the start. At the time while I liked the original I wouldn't have said I was a huge fan (I have grown to appreciate it more since). This however was so much better. There were more female roles and there was actually a kid who got to help out on the bridge. It was sleeker and so much more up to date (this was important to me then as I turned my nose up at anything I considered old although funnily I never saw Dr Who like that). Now watching it I remember all of those things but I am seeing more. I am enjoying watching these characters that I know so well develop again. You can see that these actors are still getting to know their characters as well as each other. Something I wouldn't have noticed the first time round or maybe I see it more now because I know how they develop. I'm having fun watching them. I will go back to the TP after I have finished season 1.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh he's so cute. He's got this "who me" look on his face. :) I can't wait to see the rest of them come to life.

Kathy said...

Aww both kitties are cute, well done.

hugs xxxxx

Leeland said...

This kitty looks very much like our Luna! Lol... A funny innocent cat... Gotta say it fast...
I see what you mean about the characters developing and all. As a teenager, I was a fan of the Avengers (the Emma Peel series is my fav) and I love watching those now as I keep seeing new things... I've never watched the Star Trek series as far as I'm concerned. I was also a fan of the series with Martin Landau and Barbara can't remember her name. In France, it was called Cosmos 1999... The world stopped when I heard the music... Fond memories...
I have just bought Jasper Fforde's first book of the new series derived from Thursday Next with Humty Dumpty and Nursery Rhymes characters in an exchange program. I've read Jasper Fforde's books almost exclusively in the last two months (I'm not that fast in English...) and I enjoy them so much! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your advice. I have also bought Alice in Wonderland... My only regret is that as a French native, there are things that I don't know on Nursery Rhymes and all: I'm sure I miss part of the genius of these books. Anyway, better than missing it all!
This national appreciation letter writing week looks a good idea, I like it! And as I know you, I'm sure it will be both nice and beautiful!
Take care, dear Karen!
Lili

Crazee4books said...

I love those little kitty coasters. They'll make a cute set when they're done.
I have kept all the letters which my great aunts in England wrote to me back in the 80's and early 90's, and I keep any other hand written letters and thank you cards that I recieve. The letters from my great aunts are especially cherished since they've both passed on.
I remember waiting for the premier of ST-TNG so many years ago (Yikes!) at my friends house. It was such a great series. Of all of the Star Trek series, Next Gen is my favourite. Patrick Stewart will always be my favourite captain of the Enterprise. Cheers.

TimeWarden said...

"Conspiracy" is my favourite first season "Next Gen" episode. It's always been edited, for supposed gore, on television! What's yours Karen?

Favourite "Avengers" series is the Linda Thorson one, possibly because so many "Doctor Who" luminaries, especially Terry Nation (and also Terrance Dicks and Malcolm Hulke), worked on it!