Saturday 17 March 2007

Sock Monkey and Big Finish

This is my first attempt at making a sock monkey. I got the instructions from "Super Crafty". I have been wanting to make one of these for a while now. I happened to mention it to a friend who insisted that I made her one (she also requested the skull and cross bones). It was a good incentive to get going. It took a few hours to put it all together. It's not exactly the neatest but I'm quite proud of it for my first go.





Once I finished the monkey I then made a start on this snowman Christmas decoration. The lovely Lili sent me the kit this week and I had to make a start on it. I tend to make Christmas tree decorations for other people but I have one or two of my own. Since Lili sent this kit to me I have decided to add it to my own little collection. I did forget to add the fringe to the edge of the scarf. I didn't realise it until I had cut out the snowman and by then it was too late.


After watching season one of STNG I went back to "The Tomorrow People". There were only a few episodes left so it didn't take me long to finish. The last few story lines weren't that great to be honest. They seemed to get stranger as time went on. The use of puppets at one point brought the whole tone of the show down. Overall though I still enjoyed it and liked the whole concept.

Since I enjoyed it so much and really didn't want to see the 1990's remake I decided to give the Big Finish audio stories a go. I had meant to order the first one but I accidentally ordered the fourth. Not that it makes much of a difference as the story lines aren't connected. In this one John, Paul and Elena discover a new TP breaking out. John and Paul go to Wales to investigate only to discover a dampening field which interferes with their abilities. Elena meanwhile discovers a ship above the same area are linked. Trouble comes when she goes to the ship to investigate. Clare Buckfield and Gareth Thomas star in this one. I did enjoy it. It was more like the first episodes of the series.

2 comments:

TimeWarden said...

I don’t blame you for wanting to avoid the ’90s’ remake of “The Tomorrow People”. The Big Finish story sounds like a better bet. Is it recent? When was it recorded?

Trust you’re looking forward to the new series of “Doctor Who”, Karen?

Leeland said...

Fun monkey! This is very cute and clever...
I'm astonished that you have finished this snow chap already! I couldn't be more sure that I chose it well! Lol! You make my day, Karen!
Off to the next post!