Thursday 15 March 2007

Craft Swap

As I mentioned a few posts back I was working on another swap. This one was called "New Take On Fairy Tales". We were to take a fairy tale, rewrite it and then craft some gifts to send along with it. My chosen fairy tale was "The Snow Queen" as I always loved it as a kid. Most of the swappers were more taken with the crafts than anything else. The story really became the little thing to add in. I had planned on writing mine in more detail. Almost like a short story. Unfortunately I ran out of time and so I wasn't able to do as much as I wanted. So I won't be publishing it here.




As you can see I went for a scarf again. I decided that since it was about the Queen of the snow a scarf would be ideal. I also made some note cards. These three are part of a set of six. I printed some snowflakes onto OHP transparencies. Painted them and covered them in glitter and of course cut them out. It was something I saw at a craft fair and wanted to try out.
















As promised I said that there would be some cross stitch involved in this swap. I took some designs from my "Cross Stitch Myth and Magic" book which I felt fit in perfectly with the theme I had chosen. The fairy I have stitched before as a Christmas card. This time I decided to use the same fabric but stitch it onto a pillow. The notebook I used acetate snow flakes and ribbon to decorate. I then stitched this queen for the top. It's the first time I have stitched something onto a pillow or even a notebook although i have been meaning to do so.

I do have one more swap that I am taking part in but once that is over that will be me for a while. The next one I don't think will take up as much time.

Lili, thank you so much for your lovely letter. I got it today. I would have sent you an email but I haven't been able to access my email in three days now. Is anyone else having problems with hotmail?

1 comment:

Leeland said...

Wow! These are wonders! Your swap partner is lucky!
I'm glad you got my letter, Karen. I was a little worried, but I know how difficult things can be with emails. That's why I have a gmail account now: just in case... If you like, I can send you an invitation when your email works.
Off to your next post.