Sunday 11 March 2007

Dr Who Swap

I received my parcel from my swap partner in the Dr Who swap I took part in. Wait till you see the amazing goodies I received.

As you can see my swap partner is mainly a crochet crafter. She designs most of the things she does herself. The Tardis top comes off to reveal that the Tardis is hollow. She had filled it up with sweets (which are now gone, yum). The unmistakable fourth Dr was also in there. I honestly can't decide which I like best. My mum and sister got a kick out of these too. In fact I had to rescue them from them both.

Christine our scanner isn't working and for some strange reason all of our graphic programmes on the computer is missing so I wasn't able to upload a diagram of inside the crochet hook holder. I did try to photograph a diagram but it didn't show well. I will just explain what I did and hopefully it will make sense. I took a piece of felt the same size as the outside cover but in a different colour. I then trimmed away 1/4 of the length of the felt. I stitched it to the inside of the cover to make one large pocket. I then divided this up using pins and the stitched to create lots of smaller pockets. Does that make sense?

Lili, I read Alice in Wonderland after reading the Thursday Next stories too. I am sure there were things in those books that I missed from not knowing the stories too. If you have any questions though I will be happy to do my best to answer them. I hope you like the Jack Spratt stories. I enjoyed the first one and I have the second one there still to read. A friend and I got another friend in work to read them and she is impatiently waiting for the third. Although I think his next book is another Thursday Next story. I have watched one or two Avenger episodes when it is repeated. I mainly remember the ones with Joanna Lumly as during my phase of watching them these were the ones that were mostly repeated.

I am one of the few people who favour DS9 over all the other Star Trek series. Next Gen comes a very close second though and Picard will always be my favourite Captain. I'm not sure what my favourite episode is from the first series. I did like "conspiracy". I remember seeing the unedited version for the first time and felt cheated in discovering some of it had been left out when I first watched it. I quite like "Datalore" too. I also found myself laughing while watching "Haven" and "The Big Goodbye".

3 comments:

Schokti said...

Your explaination made perfect sense. Thanks so much! And what cute gifties!

Leeland said...

Yes, I remember you did read Alice and was quite disappointed with the book. But it was my fav story as a kid so I wanted to give the real book a go anyway -in oarticular after Thursday... (I used to listen to it on a LP: Call me granma...). However, I think I'll read something else before...
Lots of hugs!
Lili

Lillie said...

Such cutie stuff !!