Wednesday 12 September 2007

It's About Time!


Yes, I have actually finished off some crafts. Lili you will be pleased to know that I finished stitching the frog trio. I have attached it to the front of my paper journal. It was actually very easy to stitch and had I took the time to do it I could have finished it in a couple of days. There are no fractional stitches and the majority of it involved half stitches for the shading. I quite like the way it turned out. It also brightens up my boring notebook.

Yes, another frog. This is the lovely pin that Lili sent me for my birthday. I loved it so much it really didn't take me long to stitch. I couldn't put it down. I love kits which involves a lot of bead work. Thank you again Lili. I think Mr Sparkles will wear her for me.


Lastly, a friend of mine gave me a beautiful Christmas card making set which will keep me going for at least a couple of Christmas's. I had to try it straight away and put this one together fairly quickly. The candy cane and the snowman are made from clay. They can both be removed from the card so that the candy cane becomes a tree decoration and the snowman becomes a fridge magnet. I am thinking of attaching these to most of my Christmas cards this year.


And just for fun I came across the Simpsons movie site. It allows you to turn yourself into a Simpsons character. You can either design your own or you can download a photo and have them do it for you. I used a photo as the one I did myself didn't really turn out.

Timewarden, I have noticed they seem to be bringing out the poorer episodes too and they are bringing them out so much more quickly too. I just wish they would go back to bringing out some favourites. The one I really want them to bring out is "War Games" with Patric Troughton. It's a family favourite that we once had on VHS but was lent out and never returned.

Lili, I agree that Fforde still came up with great ideas. It's the little things that I seem to really enjoy about his books. While I feel that maybe he is now just producing them because they have proved to be popular I would still read any future ones. It would be interesting to see what else he comes up with.

3 comments:

Crazee4books said...

Hi Karen,

Congrats on the Frog Finish. I love the colours in this one. And the froggies are so cute. I prefer frogs as a subject of stitching, rather then as a plague of stitching.

Re: Stitching through Thursday... I am one of those people who sticks their nose in a book and a full marching band, complete with baton twirlers and a drum section, could set up business right next to me and I'd not notice. I can read anywhere, anytime. The world is tuned out and I am lost in my book.

I remember the episode of Doctor Who when Adric dies. I sobbed my heart out. (I'm such a wuss). And he really did die for nothing. As I recall he tried to stop the space station (??) from falling into the sun (I think) and couldn't. So he had to just stand there and wait for the end. Ugh! I was so mad about that.

I've written about Diana Gabaldon on my blog because she's coming to Toronto on Saturday for a book signing. I love her books so I'm hoping to go down and meet her. Over here Cross Stitch is called Outlander, which I think is a much more appropriate title. I'm sorry the story wasn't to your taste. I'd call it more of a historical romance then a romance, or a fantasy.

Cheers!

Leeland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leeland said...

OK! So now I know what ypu look like! Lol! DS really appreciated the pic and will try the link tonight...

How lovely! Flora Frog looks even cuter than on the site! I think Mr Sparkles will be extremely proud to wear her...

Your "wise" frogs look very cute, and I think that the cover of your notebook was quite appropriate for them.

Can I receive two postcards for Xmas or may be four? One per person; Oh, and the cats would enjoy a card too, and so would the dog. That will make seven postcards... Lol! Just kidding, Karen. It's just that this card and snowman and candy cane, well, they're soooo cute! Meeow!
Remember DH offered me the first season of Dr Who?! We have watched a few more Doctor Who and the one when Rose goes back in time to when she was a baby and tries to save her father made me sob... Fortunately, DH was quite moved himself so...
I have started Anne Frank's diary and I'm reading "All families are psychotic" at the same time. The two books are so different, it's not a problem... I love them both. I mean, in both books, you can only love the heroes, you know? So I'm definitely enjoying reading them.
Lots of love,
Lili