Wednesday 19 September 2007

Monkeys and a Dragon



As you can see I have been busy making sock monkeys again. The first two are to be given away to people. The last one I have made for myself. I brought some socks back from Amsterdam and decided that I would use a pair to make myself a souvenir. His name is Dutch and he used to be a boat tour guide. He now makes a living as a romance writer under the pseudo name Delila. I have been considering taking him on any travels I might go on rather than Mr Sparkles. Poor Mr Sparkles is looking a bit poorly (have learned since to never use sparkly socks). As much as I want to make sure Mr Sparkles doesn't get any worse I do prefer having him along with me. The other option is for Dutch to keep me company in work. I haven't decided yet.



Quite a while ago I stitched this elemental dragon onto black fabric with the intention of turning it into a book bag. Last week I stumbled across it again and this time decided I wasn't putting it down until I had finished stitching it all together. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. Although I think I will think twice before I make another one of these in black again. I am working on another one. This time for a friends birthday. I have had to design the pattern myself as I couldn't find one that I wanted. Just hope it turns out. Will post a pic of the cross stitch part as soon as it is done.

Lili, I am glad that you have become a Doctor Who fan. I do like Christopher Eccleston but I have since begun to favour David Tennant as the Doctor. Mind you they both have very different styles. I think you will like Tennant. Billie Piper leaves at the end of season 2. I did like Billie's character although she did begin to annoy me a bit at the end. Came across as too needy when her character seemed strong in season 1. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on season 2.

It's been a while since I read Curious Incident. I do remember that it was a very sweet story and also a little sad. I also found myself laughing at various points but felt guilty for doing so.

2 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

YOur sock monkeys are adorable!!!

Leeland said...

LOL! Your cow monkey with the glass of milk is a big hit here!
Dutch is a wonderful souvenir of your holiday, and he looks very cool...
Your bag is a success. I also tend to avoid black now... Definitely too hard on the eyes.
I had the same feelings about the curious incident. That made me think a lot as I know some kids like that. My perception of their perception was quite accurate. This is very frustrating, really...
I like Rose with her strength and independence: they're part of her charm. I'm looking forward to season 2. Now, we have just started season 3 of Lost. Have you watched any of them?
Love,
Lili