Wednesday 21 February 2007

The Tomorrow People and a Happy Dance.



This is my second HD of 2007. I must admit I am enjoying stitching again. I only pick it up maybe once or twice a week now but I am happy with this pace. Since I finished stitching the birds for my gran I decided to make her something else. The birds were meant to be a Christmas present but since I finished it so soon I decided it would be a birthday present. I picked out Margaert Sherrys "Santa Paws" which I was going to turn into a Christmas card. I think it might be a little too big though so I might stitch it to a pillow or cushion instead. Again I went for the linen rather than the aida. I don't think you can see from the photo but the fabric has a slight green marbling effect. I didn't notice at first (too eager to make a start on it probably) and began stitching on the wrong side. I had done most of the white before I noticed. Normally I would have just stuck with the mistake and kept going but I really liked the green tint. Meant a lot of unpicking but I still got it done.




While I have been stitching I have been watching episodes of the kids show "The Tomorrow People". I remember watching the 90's version although I can't remember much about it other than the basic plot. I knew then that it was based on a show brought out in the 70's as my mum watched this version. I have always been interested to see what it was like. Recently I came across the complete series in a sale and jumped at the chance. I am almost half way through it and very much enjoying it. I just love the whole concept and the original is better than I remember the 90's versions being. For those of you who have never heard of it "The Tomorrow People" are about a group of kids who have evolved. Events trigger them into breaking out and discovering their telepathic and telekinetic powers. They are also able to teleport but are unable to cause harm to others. They travel around planets, time and the Earth in trying to protect their secret or help save others. It's a little like the X-men (and has even been compared to the X men). The sets remind me a little of John Pertwee's Doctor Who era which is part of the reason why I enjoy it.

Crazee4books, my favourite classic Doctor Who is Tom Baker too. I also like Patric Troughton and Sylvester McCoy.

4 comments:

Carla said...

your MS cat is lovely!!

Jenn said...

Congrats on your finish! I love the MS cats. the aer so cut and fluffy looking. :)

TimeWarden said...

I agree with you regarding "The Tomorrow People". The original 70s' series was far superior to the 90s' remake. Did you know Peter Davison's first job was on this series and that he also met his first wife, Sandra Dickinson, on the show?

Favourite Doctors are William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton. Can't really decide between the two!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I remember enjoying the Tomorrow People as a kid but even back then thought the FX made Doctor Who's seem like Star Wars !!