Monday 26 February 2007

More Margaret Sherry and some crafts

When I bought the kit "Santa Paws" I also bought the coaster kit of Margaret Sherry's cats. I made a start on them and this is the first one. The kit comes with one large piece of fabric so I will stitch them all before I place them in their coasters. Once again this is a gift for my gran.

I have also been working on other crafts for the last few weeks. I am taking part in a Dr Who craft swap. I just sent off my swap partners parcel today.

I realise that a scarf is an obvious choice but I couldn't help it. It's not the same stitch, colour or length as the fourth doctors scarf. I remember Romana had a scarf at one point (although I'm not sure the colours matched this one) so I decided to call it the Romana scarf.


I then made some Dr Who notecards. I used cards from packs of the collectible card game. I decided to just make them simple so that the cards themselves were the main feature. I also added extra paper on the inside.




I then used similar cards to make little notebooks. I got instructions on how to make these from a craft book. I thought it would be fun to make two. One for those days when you feel like and evil genious and one for when you feel good. It's easy to see which is which.

My swap partner wanted something to hold her crochet hooks. I decided to give it a go. I have made a few things with felt but they were all fairly small. I used felt to create an image of K9 on the front as she listed him as one of her favourites. It was fun to make and I am pleased with how it turned out. At the start I thought there was no chance I would be able to do something like that.
I also made some fridge magnets which unfortunately can't be photographed. They are too shiny and so all you see is glare, even without the flash. The magnets had images of the fourth Doctor and Lela as they were also listed as favourites.

3 comments:

Schokti said...

I love the crochet hook book! Can you show us the inside? Is it just pockets? Sorry to be nosy - I want ideas! ;)

Leeland said...

Lovely stitching and paper crafts! And the work on felt turned out so cute! Did you follow explanations, or imagine and create it all yourself? (well, you did it all yourself, didn't you?! Well done, Karen!!!).
Thanks for the book reviews too! I'm planning to go to London next April so I'm reading these carefully...
Take care!
Lili

TimeWarden said...

Looks like you've done a good job here, Karen. My nephew would love the Dalek Sec notebook! I used to collect notebooks myself, once upon a time, and invariably started one only to quickly move on to the next!