Sunday 22 April 2007

More Sock Monkeys

While I was home for the weekend I had to catch up on the sock monkeys I had promised for people. I made the new owners name them and then make up a history for them.First of all here is Hamish McSporran. He was once a Captain of Pirate ship called "Ghost Monkey" based in Tortuga. Now he is a Fireman/ wannabe international playboy who is a bit of a tease. Hamish will be leaving for Italy soon.


Here are the twins. The first one is called Hector Montgomery, Monty to his friends. He escaped from the circus. The elephants are his only happy memory from that time otherwise he doesn't like to talk about it. His twin brother is a Ninja (which explains the band). His name is Norman Ninja.

My friends have very large imaginations.

I could be wrong but I am sure Voyager was shown on a Saturday not that long ago. Not sure how far it got to though. It would be nice if it was repeated again. The DS9 series is being released again in the less expensive box sets this month. It is the same as what they did with TNG. Still expensive at £30 per set but a lot better than £80. I loved the mirror universe stories too. My favourite is the first one with Bashir and Kira. They did get all bogged down with politics but I think DS9 was like that in general.








3 comments:

TimeWarden said...

I also like the "DS9" stories in which Bashir plays Bond, the Ferengi get mixed up in Roswell and, surprisingly, as I'm not a sports fan, the episode that centres round a game of baseball.

Any other favourites?

Crazee4books said...

Hi Karen, Would you be offended if I said that Mr Sparkles looks a bit like Homer Simpson???
One of the best DS9 episodes for me was the one where some members of the show were intigrated into the "Trouble With Tribbles" episode of classic Star Trek. Now that was an amazing thing to see. Sisko interacting with Cap'n Kirk. I also liked the episodes with the lounge singer played by James Darren. Don't know how old he is now but he's still handsome.

maggie said...

hey, i think some of the monkey's distant cousins are on my blog. hooray for sock monkeys!

maggie
portland maine
usa