Monday 16 April 2007

WARNING! BAD LANGUAGE!






I got the most amazing swap parcel from my book swap partner. First of all she sent me a copy of Abarat by Clive Barker. She chose this because she new I had tried his horror and hadn't enjoyed it. She thought I might prefer his fantasy. The funny thing is that I have been eyeing this book up and almost bought it not that long ago. It will be going away with me tomorrow.

She also sent me a lovely book cover, bookmark, book journal (made from the cover of a book), neclace and bracelet. She really spoiled me.

Lili, I promise to post pics of the travelling sock monkeys and their stories. I will try to mail you a copy of the instructions I have on how to make them. Your right, David Tennant was the bad guy in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I think he showed the same energy in that as he does in Dr Who.

Timewarden, I liked Kes too. DS9 ended with the end of the Dominion war. No one really died at the end but a lot of them went their separate ways. Sisco joined the wormhole beings as he is meant to be one of them. He did say that he would be back though. Odo was the one who convinced the other shapeshifters to surrender and cured them at the same time. He left DS9 to rejoin his people and teach them solids aren't bad. O'Brian left for Earth to take up a teaching post at the acadamy. Worf left to become Federation ambassador to the Klingons (although we saw from the movies he actually just rejoined Enterprise). Kira had been on Cardassia to help the Cardassian win over their oppressors. In the end all Cardassians turned against the Dominion in the final battle. Kira then took over command of DS9. Bashir and Ezri got together. Kai Win and Dukat both died when they tried to free the pah wraiths and Sisco defeated them. That's about it.

Voyager is difficult as I have only saw those episodes once. I know Nelix left a few episodes before the end. He found a colony of his people unexpectedly, fell in love and decided to stay behind. I know there was a final battle with the borg. Voyager was successful (I can't remember how) and used the borg form of travel to get back home (I think). Everyone made it. Oh and Chakotay and Seven became a couple. I think Barcley was somehow involved in the ending too. I know that there were a number of episodes with him. It started with Barcley being the only one who believed that voyager was still out there. Sorry I couldn't be more clearer on that.

2 comments:

TimeWarden said...

Thanks for taking the trouble to outline what happened to all of the characters, Karen. I'd long been under the impression that one or more of the regulars were killed off at the end of "DS9"! What happened to the Ferengi guys and did Keiko go with her husband?

Chakotay and Seven becoming a couple is a bit of a surprise, in "Voyager". I can't remember if there was any build-up to that relationship? Interesting!

Thanks again, Tim

Leeland said...

Wow! I sure like the bookmark! It would fit some of my bad days... Lol!!!
I agree that David Tennant definitely did a good job in HP.
Take care!
Lili