Monday 30 April 2007

Evolution Of The Daleks

Before watching the second part of the Dalek episodes I watched the first one again. This time I paid a little more attention to it. I though the second part was a great conclusion to the first. I'm not sure if I mentioned before but I was disappointed with the fact that the Daleks were turning themselves half human. It seemed to go against all Dalek beliefs of being the superior race. Then in part two Dalek Sec became more human that Dalek. It just didn't feel right. The Daleks clearly felt the same way as the conspired against Sec. Daleks do have their comic value at times and I laughed out loud at seeing two Daleks in a tunnel talking about their doubt over their leader. It was the swivelling of the heads to make sure no one was there before they spoke that I found funny. It was a nice touch. I did enjoy this two part story although my favourite is still "The Empty Child".

Hope you enjoyed your holiday Lili. Great to have you back.

2 comments:

TimeWarden said...

I loved the bit with the Daleks in the tunnel too, Karen. That's how the humour should be. Much more subtle than the larking about but I guess the Dalek joke will probably go over the heads of most children who find all the pratfalls funny.

I'm still a fan of "The Empty Child" too though I dislike the way in which Nancy blackmails the homeowner! I think writer Steven Moffat could've come up with a more appropriate means of achieving the same result.

Leeland said...

Thank you, Karen.
Hugs.
Lili