Monday 30 July 2007

More Felt Mascots

Rufus


S. Bot and friends


Mr Sparkles makes some friends

I am afraid Mr Sparkles may have to go into retirement. I had planned on taking him to Amsterdam but he is looking a little worse for wear after being squashed into bags. I also found him under a pile of scrapbook supplies which didn't help. I am thinking of making a new one but then Mr Sparkles hasn't seen much of the world yet and I would feel a little guilty at leaving him behind.

Timewarden, speaking from experience a parent telling you that it's only a film doesn't help. When we were little my sister and I used to watch episodes of Dr Who with the Daleks and then we wouldn't be able to sleep later. My dad got so exasperated he even threatened no more Dr Who. Children's imaginations work overtime generally, especially when they are given a scary image. Logic never comes into it. I would have hated to be dragged out part way through a film too but this child was a little young.

3 comments:

Crazee4books said...

Hi Karen,

Love your felt creations! Especially that little dog. So cute. Poor Mr Sparkles is going to be outnumbered. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these little creatures.

I skipped reading your post about the new Harry Potter book because I'm in mid-read. I'll go back and read that post when I've finished the book to see what you thought of it.

Trying to think of a villain in a book. Well, Voldemort would certainly qualify. But finding a true villain is harder in an adult book because most authors try and flesh out their characters and make them more then black and white, good vs evil. Fantasy and Sci-Fi books are more likely to have the true EVIL protagonists.

I regret not watching Heros when it premiered last fall. Have heard nothing but raves about it all season. Perhaps I'll invest in the DVD when it comes out.

I don't remember much of STNG season six for some reason. At least not off of the top of my head. It's been so long since I last saw any episodes. Have you heard any news about the new movie that they're trying to put together? Featuring a young Kirk, Spock and McCoy at Starfleet Acadamy, I think.

How's your summer so far? Are you having the rain and cool temps that they're enjoying in England?

Cheers.

Leeland said...

Lovely felt mascots!
I am also very careful with Madleen because I wouldn't want her to be "wounded"... I have to be very careful with the dog because he loves her fondly...

I try not to show scary movies to my children. If I think that something might worry them, I tell them how the scenes are made with cameras, make up, computers and that the actors are paid to "do as if". All in all, they've never been afraid that much. But I don't let them watch whatever they want to...

Candy Bello said...

i love your little felt mascots! it must have taken you a very long time!

:)
candy