Monday 14 May 2007

Here be dragons and a sock dog?



Well I am home for the week which means I can get more crafting done. I actually miss my swaps as they gave me something to work towards. At the moment I am flitting from project to project. First of all I stitched the Dragon of Fire which is the third dragon I have stitching in the elemental series. I plan on turning it into a little pouch which will hold a book and keep it clean while in my bag. I made something similar for the book swap. I actually found it very difficult to stitch on black fabric. I have never found difficult with it in the past but this time I had to really concentrate. My eyes do need tested but I am thinking it has more to do with the fact that I was stitching on linen rather than Aida. The red didn't stand out as much as I would have liked on the black and it was almost pointless doing the back stitch. Other than that I am pleased with the way it turned out. Now all I need to do is stitch it together.

Believe it or not this is supposed to be a cat. A friend asked me to make a cat version of the sock monkeys to give to her niece. I thought it would be relatively easy, just a matter of changing the ears and making the face smaller. I was wrong and we now have a sock dog. Oh well! I hope she likes it just the same. Two more sock monkeys to go and that's me done I swear!

There might be some book reviews this week. Yes, I have actually been able to finish a book or two.

I guess the Doctor is just a 'love him or hate him' type of guy, lol. I have to admit I am missing seeing the show even though we have only had one gap. If it were up to me I would certainly chose Dr Who over Eurovision. I decided to read rather than watch it. I think the Eurovision has had its day.

3 comments:

Crazee4books said...

Hi Karen, I can't believe that Eurovision is still going after all these years. Isn't that the same contest that ABBA won so many years ago, which gave them their big break?
I love to read anywhere too. I commute from work to home each day of the week, which gives me about an hour and a half of reading time. Fortunatly I can read on the bus and it really makes the travel time almost bearable.
What is it lately with the Doctor and the mothers of his traveling companions?? If I recall correctly he wasn't on the best of terms with Roses mother either.
Have you been to see Spiderman 3 yet? Do you go to the movies often?

TimeWarden said...

I didn't watch Eurovision either! We didn't deserve to win with the nonsense we entered!! Did you know Colin Baker co-wrote a possible entry, a year or two back, but it wasn't chosen to represent us.

I must admit I was grateful for the week off as "Doctor Who" isn't really on at a convenient time for me! 7pm is a bit too early to be watching the telly, these days, though it's the only programme for which I'll make the effort!!

Leeland said...

Want more crafty ideas? I would swap whatever you want for one of these monkeys... with cute cats on it or things like that... He/she wouldn't travel much but he/she would be sooo cherished...
I can't believe how magical the Fire Dragon looks on black! I agree that stitching on black is hard on the eyes, but your choice is making him so different...
Eurovision is 70ies to me. I just don't get the point: it's all become political. Art (and there are talented artists) does no longer have anything to do with the results of the contest. I have stopped watching many many years ago but still hear the comments...
I will try to manage an email for you this week.
Lots of hugs, my friend.
Lili