Monday 28 May 2007

Human Nature

Human Nature is the first part of a two part episode. The Doctor and Martha are being chased by a family who want to use the Doctors life to extend their own. The only way to escape is for him to become human. To do so he must forget who he is and the TARDIS must create a new life for him. He becomes a teacher in a private school for boys. Martha looks out for him as his maid and it is up to her to give him back his memories should the family find him. What she can't do is stop him from falling in love. While he is falling in love the family find traces of him but the watch to bring his memories back is now in the hands of a young boy.

I very much enjoyed this story. I like the premise of the Doctor becoming human. I would have preferred it had the story focused on what kind of human he would have made with no memory of his Timelord past. Instead they focus was on his relationships with Joan while Martha as always pined away for the Doctors attention. Thanks to the Timewarden, I discovered that this episode was originally written as a novel starring the seventh Doctor. I think this would be interesting to read and see if the focus was different in that.

I have been working a lot lately. Now that I am back I have been determined to get everything back to the way it is supposed to be. Which means I have been putting in overtime and not had much time for crafts. I did make a start on this little kit. I love frogs and fell in love with this kit, the tree frog trio by dimensions, as soon as I saw it. It isn't the sort of design I would normally go for but I thought it was a little different. As you can guess the frog trio are "Hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil." I am hoping to have it finished soon as I want to move on to the last few sock monkeys before I am finally done with those. I also want to get back to some of those large cross stitch kits I left behind some time ago now.


At the moment I am working my way through the second season of Battlestar Galactica. I just got it back after loaning it to a friend and I want to watch it through before watching season 3. As soon as that is done I will move on to the last two seasons. I have to admit I have stronger memories of series 7 than I do series 6. My mum just bought the entire DS9 collection on DVD (it has been released in the same slimline editions as TNG). So I will have those to work through at some point too.


1 comment:

Leeland said...

That Dr Who episode must be a treat! I sooo wish it were broadcast here... May be during the holiday? After all, they're champs for replays. I have to keep an eye on that.
The three frogs will look great! I have always been fascinated with this series of three monkeys...
Take care!
Lili