Monday 7 May 2007

The Lazarus Experiment

This weeks episode saw the Doctor and Martha back to Earth and amongst Martha's family. This time the Doctor did manage to bring Martha back the day after they left but still received a slap from her mother. The mysterious Mr Saxon has made an appearance and has passed on some information about the Doctor to her mother. Not that she really needed that as there was distrust from the start. I'm more than sure that there will be more on that later.

The episode itself was a good one. Lazarus tries to defy time and manages to turn himself into a much younger man. As expected it all goes horribly wrong as his very molecular structure has changed turning him into a monster human genes rejected at the beginning. Only the Doctor and Martha can save the day. It reminds me a little of a cross between the Quatermass Experiment and the Lost in Space film (although Dr Smith was infected by a bite rather than his own experiments). I always did like the human ego maniac stories and I enjoyed this one. Also finally there will be no more mention of Martha being just along for one journey. Martha is now officially part of the team.





Meet Esmeralda. She doesn't have a story as yet but at least she does have a name. This is for another friend. The only one so far who has decided that her sock monkey is a girl. For that reason the buttons for her eyes have little flowers etched on them. I don't think you can see it in the photo.



I also got some photo's back of Hamish McSporran in Italy. Here are some of them;





Hi Lili, thanks for all your comments. There are very few bookshops in the UK which don't have coffee shops. I am actually going to one today but this time I am meeting a friend rather than reading. Brits can complain quite loudly when they want to but then I don't really have any basis for comparison. I've only ever been in these coffee shops in Glasgow and once in the States. There are a few which are popular with families and they get quite noisy due to the children running around. The ones in the city centre are a little quieter. I got your email, I'll answer it today.

2 comments:

Leeland said...

Esmeralda is a cutie! I also like that she's a girl!!!
Hamish is a lucky guy, he sees wonderful places...
Take care!
Lili

TimeWarden said...

I think you enjoyed this "Doctor Who" episode more than I did, Karen! But, you're right, it is reminiscent of "Quatermass" and even more so of "Lifeforce" with its skeletal victims.

I wonder why older women always slap the Doctor while the younger ones have a tendency to fall in love with him? There's hope for me yet!!!